Last updated on AUGUST 28, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) BI Publisher TimeZone Display doesn't make use of "Use local timezone" personalizations option?
2) Very often, clients use XRFWIN header as a template for all other report header and hence the rundate is being copied as is using local timezone. How can we globally change the rundate to base time zone without changing all the reports?
Base time zone is different than local time zone. For easy illustration, throughout the document, assume base time zone is set to EST and local time zone is set to PST.
For example, base time zone (PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > PeopleTools Options) is set to EST, but personalizations (PeopleTools > Personalization > Personalization options > PPTL > LTZONE is set to "Pacific Time (US)" by default. At the same navigation, TZONE (Use local Time Zone) is set to "No". Consequently, when a user looks at his personalizations (My Personalizations > Personalize Regional Settings) Local Time Zone is set to "Pacific" and Use Local Time Zone is "No".
According to documentation, BI Publisher retrieves the time zone from the user's personalization settings. This seems to be the case. If running the BI Publisher XRFWIN test process through System Process Requests, we get similar results with all 4 output types (htm, pdf, xls, rtf). All outputs had a runtime in the header of each output 3 hours behind the actual runtime (e.g. job ran at 3 pm and output showed 12 pm).
1) Expected the setting of “Use Local TimeZone” equal to “No” would make BI Publisher ignore the local time zone and use the base time zone. Does BL Publisher ignore the “Use Local Timezone” setting ?
2) Need to globally change the 'local time zone' setting to Eastern Time to make BI Publisher times work, while leaving the 'Use local time zone' at No, what are the potential implications? What else would rely on those settings in that combination?
The following chapter on Peoplecode describes the date/time in the demo Report XRFWINPlease refer to http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E58500_01/pt854pbh1/eng/pt/txml/task_RunningReportsUsingPeopleCode-4f7f77.html#u3b90c165-de16-4bbf-a878-278d4d47da5e
Chapter Running Reports Using PeopleCode
search for "passing parameters"
The run date/time in the demo report XRFWIN comes from parameter that is passed into the report.
In the xrfwin.rtf
where RunDate is referring to <?$RunDate?> etc.
The system may need to pass runtime parameters into the BI Publisher core engine. Numbers and text are sent as strings with single quotes. By default, PeopleTools( through the ReportDefn class ProcessReport method) always passes the following parameters/tags:
These tags can be included in the template layout wherever they are needed, they are especially useful for report headers. Before inserting these parameters into the template (or sub-template), the following declarations must be entered under a form field at the top of the report's primary template; one for each parameter called:
<xsl:param name="ReportID" xdofo:ctx="begin"/>
<xsl:param name="ReportTitle" xdofo:ctx="begin"/>
<xsl:param name="RunDate" xdofo:ctx="begin"/>
<xsl:param name="RunTime" xdofo:ctx="begin"/>
1) how time zone differences work
2) regional settings
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms