E - FLUID Branding Theme Not Getting Applied When Access Deeplink From Third Party Authentication
(Doc ID 2298187.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Description of Problem:
The customer uses CAS authentication and to get a deep link they place the URL within the CAS construct. The classic component is presented but without the branding theme. When you select browser refresh (i.e. F5) the branding theme is corrected.
The sequence of events:
1) change web profile to 'Allow Public Access', set the user id, password for this user
2) Create a deep link by impeding PeopleSoft URL in CAS construct. For example, if we want to have a deep link to Campus Solutions classic component Student Center, the URL is like this:
For the deep link, we would use this:
With the link to student center encoded and placed in the service parameter in the CAS url.
3) Once the user has authenticated in CAS, the single signon system redirects to the service url
4) If the user is already authenticated in the PeopleSoft environment, it takes them to the url correctly
5) If the user is not authenticated in the peoplesoft environment, it connects as the user from the web profile configuration, runs signon peoplecode which makes a call back to the CAS system using the CAS ticket that it appended to the url, If the call back is successful, the signon peoplecode connects as the user and is redirected to the url.
6) It this case, where the user was not currently in the PS instance, the user is taken to student center but the branding theme is not applied.
7) Note that icons like 'Home', 'Navigator' etc are there but not visible
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document