UNABLE TO CLONE POSITION WHEN EFFECTIVE DATE PRECEDES A ROW FOR POSITION BEING CLONED
(Doc ID 2299321.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a new position using the initialize (clone) feature, if you enter an effective date that precedes a row on the position number, the position number being cloned cannot be found and the following error is received...
Invalid value -- press the prompt button or hyperlink for a list of valid values (15,11)
The value entered in the field does not match one of the allowable values. You can see the allowable values by pressing the Prompt button or hyperlink.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Select a position you want to clone that has more than one row.
2. Navigate to Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Positions/Budgets > Add/Update Position Info
3. Click Add a New Value
4. Click Add
5. Leave the Effective Date for the new position as today’s date
6. Click on the Initialize button
7. Enter an effective date that precedes any row of the position you want to clone.
8. Click the magnifying glass beside Position Number and search for the position number of the position you selected in step 1, it will not be found.
9. Manually enter the position number and click OK.
10. Receive Error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document