EGL9.2: Spreadsheet Journal Import (JRNL1_WS) Doesn’t Clear Orphaned Rows With Old Thread Id In Approval Workflow Records If A Journal Is Updated & Submitted For Approval Again.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 17, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Spreadsheet Journal Import (JRNL1_WS) doesn’t clear orphaned rows with old thread id in Approval workflow records if a journal is updated & submitted for approval again.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Uncheck the ‘Mark Journal(s) to Post’ checkbox in the user preferences component.
2. Perform necessary AWE set up
3. Set up the approvals options as ‘Require Approval’ in the source level for Journals
4. Open JRNL_WS.xlsm and then create a new sheet.
5. Define the setups and defaults. Make sure the checkboxes corresponding to ‘Edit Journal(s)’ & ‘Submit Journal(s) for Approval’ are selected
6. Enter journal header details. Make sure to use the source for which approval is enabled.
7. Enter lines & import the journal
8. Check in PIA that it was imported & submitted for approval
9. Check data in AWE cross reference records like: JRNL_AF_XREF, EOAW_SUMM_DTL, EOAW_SUMMARY, EOAW_WL etc.
10. Change the amounts in journal lines & click on import again
11. Repeat step 8 & 9
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
New thread created for the journal upon changing journal line data & importing again. However, still orphan rows exist with old thread id in several EOAW reference records.
No orphan rows should exist in EOAW records with old thread id.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms