EGL9.2: Unposting VAT Journal (Or Posting a VAT Journal With reversal) Encounterd 'ORA-00001: unique constraint' Error at Step GL_JP_BOOKCD.Process.InsVAT or at Step GL_JP_RVRSAL.Process.InsVAT
(Doc ID 2300876.1)
Last updated on MAY 12, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While a Journal having VAT details is unposted it fails with unique constraint error at step GL_JP_BOOKCD.Process.InsVAT if the Business unit + Ledger group combination has open period options selected as 'Open periods by Ledger code'.
It also fails at step GL_JP_RVRSAL.Process.InsVAT if the VAT Journal is having a related reversal journal.
Steps to Replicate unposting issue:
1. Choose a Business unit + Ledger group combination which has open period options selected as 'Open periods by Ledger code'.
2. The Business unit should also be attached to a VAT entity. Make sure that appropriate VAT defaults have also been set up.
3. Create a Journal with VAT details.
4. Edit & Post the journal
5. Unpost the Journal.
Steps to Replicate reversal issue:
1. Choose a Business unit which is attached to a VAT entity. Make sure that appropriate VAT defaults have also been set up.
3. Create a Journal with VAT details & reversal option selected to create reversals .
4. Edit & Post the journal & it's corresponding reversal journal.
5. Unpost the original Journal.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document