AM : Multi Scales Calculation Is Showing Child Item`s Grade
(Doc ID 2300893.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9 version, Student Records Additional Features
AM:Calculation process don`t take different rounding options configured at different levels of the structure.
Activity is configured with a parent and child where each component has a different rounding option. When the calculation is done, the rounding method defined for the child row is used instead of the method defined for the parent.
Expect the rounding configuration from the highest level will be applied to the calculation results.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a result scale with 4 decimal positions and round option set to 4 decimals.
2. Create a second result scale with 4 decimal positions and decimal option round set to zero decimals
3. Create IAM with multi-level parent and child activies, Course with Pracital Exams
4. Add Assessment 1 Exam 1 and Assessment 2, Exam (content type 6000)
5. On the category Parent Item content type 3000, override the result scale to 100 PT NR
6. Enter mark on each of the assessment Items
7. Calculate mark for the course
8. Note the category item has rounded the mark (to 62.0000 in the examaple) even when we select result scale round option to 4 decimals (e.g., 61.8386). We expected the category Item and Course Overall mark with decimals and without rounding.
9. Note if the results scales have results scales that result in different grades for the same mark value, the wrong mark is also assigned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document