EGL9.2: Cross/Reciprocal Rate Calculation (EO9030) Generates Rates for Unpaired Currencies, Inactive Quotation and Inactive Currencies
(Doc ID 2302639.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 26, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cross Calculation request page is set up using the wildcard (%) in the From Currency and To Currency, as they calculate over 5000 cross rates.
Cross Rate Calculation generates rates for unpaired currencies as well as inactive currency codes
Previously with FIN 9.1/PT 8.50, the generated cross rates are limited to the currency pairs they have defined in the currency quotation method.
However, since migrating to FIN 9.2/PT 8.54, it was noticed that the cross calculation process generates rates for all currency combination,
even if they have not paired them. Worse, it even generates rates for currency codes that are inactive.
For Cross Rate Calculation to generate cross rates that are limited to the currency pairs defined in the Currency Quotation Method.
Steps to replicate:
1. Query from PS_CURR_QUOTE_TBL before changes to Currency Quotation Method
2. Run Cross/Reciprocal Rates to generate cross rates for currencies.
3. Query from PS_RT_RATE_TBL before Cross/Reciprocal Rate Calc
4. Inactivate Quote Method:
a. From Cur = USD
To Cur = ADP
b. From Cur = USD
To Cur = AED
5. Query from PS_CURR_QUOTE_TBL after changes to Currency Quotation Method
6. Generate Cross/Reciprocal Rates after the changes in the quote method.
7. Query from PS_RT_RATE_TBL after Cross/Reciprocal Rate Calc
8. Query from PS_CURRENCY_CD_TBL which listed Inactive Currencies.
1. Cross/Reciprocal rates generated for inactive quotation.
2. Cross/Reciprocal rates generated for currencies not defined in Currency Quotation Method (ex: Currency CZK)
3. Cross/Reciprocal rates generated for inactive currencies
Replication screenshots attached.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document