Last updated on AUGUST 31, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.55 version, Push Notification
Push Notification is being tested in a Pilot on the production system.
The Blue Dots for 'New' Status with Push Notifications functionality described in PeopleBooks, is different from functionality the Users are requesting.
According to PeopleBooks, PT 8.55 there is the following information:
Message State Allows filtering based on these message states: Read, Unread, and Dismissed.
When you click the Push Notification flag, all items get set to 'Read'.
Change requested is that blue dots next to Actionable Item should Remain Blue (unread) until the individual item is clicked upon.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Push Notification.
2. Note count in Notification Flag.
3. Press Notification Flag.
4. Note the Blue Dot next to the new Actionable Item.
5. Re-press the Notification Flag.
6. Observe the Blue Dot is no longer present.
7. Verify findings with review of PSPTPN_MSG_TBL.PTPN_MSG_STATE and see the value is now 'Unread'
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms