EGL9.2:Spreadsheet Journal Import(JRNL1_WS) when The 'Edit Journals' Is Turned On, Journal Is Loaded In A 'V' Status Into PS With Wrong Values
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Spreadsheet Journal Import(JRNL1_WS) when The 'Edit Journals' Is Turned On, Journal Is Loaded In A 'V' Status Into PS With Wrong Values. There are only 3 inactive CFs in PS Demo, CHARTFIELD1, CHARTFIELD2 & CHARTFIELD3. On the delivered journal upload template(JRNL1_WS), if you enter a value for any or all of these ChartFields and tick the 'Edit Journals', the journal is uploaded and set to a 'V' status. With the same journal, if the 'Edit Journals' is not ticked on, then the import process fails with a message stating that invalid values exists for the three inactive CFs .
Steps to Replicate:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open the new JRNL1_WS spreadsheet upload template
2. Fill the environment specific information and check the 'Edit Journal' option.
3. Add a new sheet & enter journal line data
4. Add new journal lines and fill in any values for one of the inactive chartfields (CHARTFIELD1, CHARTFIELD2 & CHARTFIELD3)
5. Click on the upload button.
6. The Journal is imported and in Valid status. This is wrong
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms