User Cannot Open Contract Line Accounting Distribution Link Unless They Have Correction Mode Access to the CA_DETAIL_DST Component on the MANAGE_CONTRACTS Menu
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 11, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Contracts version 9.2, a user cannot open the contract line accounting distribution page unless they are using a permission list that grants them Correction mode access. This was possible in version 9.1 but in 9.2, a user who's page permissions include "Update/Display" and "Update Display All" but not Correction modes gets the following error when they try to open the page.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a permission list without correction mode access to the MANAGE_CONTRACTS menu, CA_DETAIL_DST component
- Assign this permission list to a role and then assign that role to a test user.
- Log in as the test user and navigate to Customer Contracts > Create and Amend > General Information. Open any contract and click on the Lines tab.
- Click on the Detail tab for the lines.
- Click on the Distribution link.
Due to this issue, users cannot access contract line accounting distributions unless they have the ability to use the Correct History mode which is undesirable for audit reasons.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms