Last updated on SEPTEMBER 12, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Other
Workcenter starting page being overwritten if link is from additional user's Personalization link
If a user add additional links through Personalization in a workcentre and one of the links is ticked as starting page of the workcenter. The starting page takes effect all right when accessing workcenter, however if workcenter's base configuration is changed and activate links settings button is clicked the starting page configuration goes back to the base configuration instead of user's Personalization starting page. We would expect that the personalized starting page configuration remain the same for the user. in another word the Personalization starting page setting won't get override by the base configuration.
User Personalized default should not get override
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set starting page for TEAM when opening Project Workcenter
2. Navigate to Project Costing > Project workcenter. A workcenter page shows up. Note that the project team is configured as starting page.
3. Go to Link personalization button
4. Create a group labelled as per-group and then click on Define button. Randomly choose a portal content reference link, in this case My system profile and tick show link and starting page box.
5. Click on Save button
6. The additional link added in user’s personalization is worked as starting page after reloading the workcenter
7. Now let us navigate to Enterprise Components > WorkCenter/Dashboards > Configure Pagelets and select PC to configure the project workcener. Go to Links tab and open Project Setup group configuration page. You will see team link has been ticked as starting page (original base configuration) Click on Activate Links Settings button without making any changes.
8. The starting page has gone back to project team instead of user personalized starting page -My system profile.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms