Cannot Cancel a Receipt Line Associated to a 'Open' Project
Last updated on JANUARY 02, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO Receipt with multiple lines is not allowing to cancel a line where project associated is 'open' because has other line (s) associated to closed project.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Make the 2 projects opened.
2. Create PO for the first project and dispatched.
3. Create PO for the second project and dispatched
4. Create a receipt related to PO s above.
5. Close the project for PO 1
6. Go back to receipt and cancel a line where the project is still open. Save and getting the message:
“The status of "Closed" for project 000000000000164 and activity CA IMPLEMENT prevents additional transactions. (9000,421)”
Note that the line canceled is related to open project status.
The message system should allow to cancel a line where project status is opened.
Cannot save the receipt.
7. Suggested to customer to set Control Action to ‘Issue Warning’ .
8. Back to Receipt and try to cancel the line where project is opened
9. Save and getting the message:
“Warning -- The status is Closed for project 000000000000164 and activity CA IMPLEMENT. (9000,422)”
OK. Receipt saved without problems.
10. Create a new PO related to closed project. Getting the warning message:
‘Warning -- The status is Closed for project 000000000000164 and activity CA IMPLEMENT. (9000,422)’
11. Save. Getting the message again. OK.
Able to create a new PO for closed project.
Customer does not agree to change the set Control Action to ‘Issue Warning’ because he does not want any new transaction done on closed project.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms