EEX9.2:Risk Template Expense Type Amount Limit Rule is not Enforced the Auto Approve Risk Rule Ignored and Reports Require Approval
(Doc ID 2308480.1)
Last updated on MARCH 25, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue: Auto Approval is not Working Correctly. Risk Template is defined using a dollar threshold. Expense report qualifies for Auto Approval but the Risk rule is not enforced and results in the Expense Report having to be approved instead of being auto-approved.
1) Create Risk Template for Expense Report (Setup Fin>Product
Related>Expenses>Management>Approval Setup>Risk Template)
2) Associate the template to an Approver Profile for Expense Report
3) Navigate to Expense Transaction Definition for Expense Report and ensure the
Auto Approve box is checked
4) Navigate to Business Unit Definition -> Business Unit 2 tab for the specific
Business Unit and in the Approval Threshold section enter a Monetary Amount
Threshold $25.00 and ensure the Auto Approve if No Risk tick box is selected.
5) Create expense report Main menu > Employee Self-Service > Travel and
Expenses > Expense Reports > Create/Modify
6) Create the expense report ensuring it is not at risk and under the dollar
amount threshold defined in the BU configuration.
7) Select the Summary and Submit button
8) Log in as the supervisor and navigate to the following location:
Main Menu > Travel and Expenses > Approve Transactions > Approve Transactions
9) Select the report to approve drill down on the transaction ID
10) Select the Budget Options link
11) Budget check the Expense Report.
12) Once the Budget Checking Header Status switches to Valid select the
OK button at the bottom to go back to the ER page
13) Scroll down to the bottom of the page Click Approve and select then OK.
14) Log in as the Prepay Auditor (2nd level pooled approver) and navigate to
the worklist (Main Menu>Worklist>Worklist)
15) Find the Expense Report in the worklist and select the link and Approve
Actual Result: After Second level approver approves the report a new row is automatically being inserted into the approval chain. The expense report does not skip the approval step and instead routes to the workflow administrator. The Workflow is only breaking if it meets the criteria defined in the risk template. If the expense report is over the threshold amount then it does not break and will route correctly. If an expense report is under the threshold amount it will break when trying to skip the step.
Expected Result: The expense report should skip the approval step based on the Risk rule.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document