EAR9.2: Payment Not Sent To GL ARRE_STATUS='R' When Contracts Recognize Revenue
Last updated on NOVEMBER 13, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Payment application does not prevent payment from being applied to As Incurred Bill when revenue is not budget checked/generated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Installation Options and Enable Commitment Control for BI, GL, AP, PC and AR.
2. Installation Options / BI Creates GL Acct Entries
3. Setup Accounting Entry Definition CAPCDEFN / Uncheck the box “Skip CC In GL”.
4. Setup Ledger Group CC_REV and CC_EXP
5. Setup Rate Set / Accounting Rule
6. Enter a budget journal / Ledger Group CC_EXP Amount 100,000
7. Enter a budget journal. Ledger Group CC_REV Amount 0.00
For this test, we have entered 0.00 for the revenue budget.
Because we do not know how much revenue we are expecting.
8. Add a rate-based line / Accounting Distribution / Related Projects
9. Create an incurred billing plan
10. Create an incurred revenue plan. Purposely set the status to pending as customer scenario is not going to process the revenue
Activate the contract. Add ACT for 1001
11. Enter chartfields used in the budget so It would pass the budget
Select Show All Transaction Details / Find Commitement control. Make sure Budget status is N / Add another ACT for 1002 amount with same chartfields
12. Process Other Billing Methods / Wait until the CA_BI_INTFC and CABIDIR1 have been completed.
The item is created in AR Customer expectation is that you should not be able to apply payment since the revenue has not been budget checked
13. Create payment
14. Apply the payment to the item / Was able to save with the Item selected - no error message created.
15. Create online Accounting Entries
16. Run Receivables Update to post the payment / Item is closed / Revenue Estimate status is No Itm Rev
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms