Not able to create a document for a contract because system Defaults Buyer From Version 1 instead of Version 2 contract
Last updated on NOVEMBER 17, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Supplier Contract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a new version of a contract is created with a new buyer (BUYER_B), BUYER_A defaults into the Document Management. Since BUYER_B does not have BUYER_A listed under "Authorized Document Access for", BUYER_B is unable to continue creating a contract document -- the page is grayed out.
Steps to Replicate the issue
1. Set Controls- Use Version Control is selected.
2. Create Contract – Buyer A (VP1). Approve. Click on Add a Document.
3. Do not save or create the document. Close the window.
4. User Preferences for Buyer B (VP2). Note they do not have Full Authorization for All
5. Navigate to Contract and Click “New Version”
6. Click Yes
7. Change Buyer to VP2. Click Save
8. Click OK then save the contract.
9. Login as VP2.
10. Bring up the contract. Click Add a Document
11. Cannot create a document. VP1 is listed as the Administrator
12. Find Existing Document. Searched for the contract and does not return any results.
13. Log back in as Buyer A (VP1).
14. Find Existing Document. Searched for the contract and it appears fine.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms