EAR9.2: Write Off Workflow By Passing In Case Of Payment Worksheets Via Express Deposits
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 25, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When going to Main Menu/ Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Online Payment/ Express Deposit navigation path and setting up the posting Action as "Batch Standard" and running ARUpdate process successfully, the write off is applied to item without any approval required.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup the write-off approval workflow by defining the following steps:
1.1 The maximum write-off amount for the business unit level, for the customer and for the user under below navigation paths:
- Set up Financials/Supply Chain/ Business Unit Related/ Receivables/ Receivables Options/ General 1;
- Customers/ Customer Information/ General Information/ Bill to options;
- Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain/ Common Definitions User Preferences/ Define User Preferences/ Receivables Data Entry 2;
1.2 Create the list of approvers within the Approval Framework under Enterprise Components/ Approvals/ Approvals/ User List Setup;
1.3 Define users within the workflow process - PeopleTools/ Security/ User Profiles/ User Profiles Select the Workflow tab;
1.4 Review the approval transaction registry within the Approval Framework under - Enterprise Components/ Approvals/ Approvals/ Transaction Registry;
1.5 Configure the approval transactions within the Approval Framework under - Enterprise Components/ Approvals/ Approvals/ Transaction Configuration;
1.6 Set up process definitions within the Approval Framework under - Enterprise Components/ Approvals/ Approvals/ Approval Process Setup;
2. Go to Accounts Receivable/ Pending Items/ Online Items/ Group Entry and create an item and post it ( e.g.: for Business unit US001);
3. Go to Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Online Payments/ Regular Deposit;
4. Go to Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Apply Payments/ Create Worksheet and click on Worksheet Application link in order to create Payment Worksheet Application details and the criteria set above should trigger the write off workflow for payment worksheet rule (and create the payment worksheet with "WO" type and "DOIT" reason);
5. Go to Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Apply Payments/ Create Worksheet/ Update Worksheet/ Finalize Worksheet and check that the possible Action to set is "Submit to workflow";
6.Go to Main Menu/ Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Online Payment/ Express Deposit and set the posting Action as "Batch Standard" and run ARUpdate process successfully, the write off should be applied to item only with approval required.
But, as per the write off workflow functionality, related worksheet should be set as "Batch Standard" only when the write off has been approved by the approver.
Instead, when the deposit is opened using Express Deposit, in the Action tab, there is the option to set the posting action as "Batch Standard" when we go to Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Online Payments/ Express Deposit and therefore is by passed the write off workflow functionality.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms