EAR9.2: Write Off Workflow By Passing In Case Of Payment Worksheets Via Express Deposits After Applying BUG# 24436852
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 25, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Upon applying <Bug 24436852> fix, user will not be able to set the posting action as Batch Standard for the worksheet via Express deposit navigation, only if the worksheet has been submitted for pending approval.
But if we have not submit the worksheet for approval, then via Express Deposit Navigation, users can still directly set the posting action as Batch Standard, this again allows them to post the worksheet bypassing the write off approval.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup the write-off approval workflow by defining the following steps:
1.1 The maximum write-off amount for the business unit level, for the customer and for the user under below navigations:
- Set up Financials/Supply Chain/ Business Unit Related/ Receivables/ Receivables Options/ General 1;
- Customers/ Customer Information/ General Information/ Bill to options;
- Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain/ Common Definitions User Preferences/Define User Preferences/ Receivables Data Entry 2;
1.2 Create the list of approvers within the Approval Framework under Enterprise Components/ Approvals/ Approvals/ User List Setup;
1.3 Define users within the workflow process - PeopleTools/ Security/ User Profiles/ User Profiles Select the Workflow tab;
1.4 Review the approval transaction registry within the Approval Framework under - Enterprise Components/ Approvals/ Approvals/ Transaction Registry;
1.5 Configure the approval transactions within the Approval Framework under - Enterprise Components/ Approvals/ Approvals/ Transaction Configuration;
1.6 Set up process definitions within the Approval Framework under - Enterprise Components/ Approvals/ Approvals/ Approval Process Setup;
2. Go to Accounts Receivable/ Pending Items/ Online Items/ Group Entry and create an item and post it for Business unit US001;
3. Go to Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Online Payments/ Regular Deposit;
4. Go to Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Apply Payments/ Create Worksheet and click on Worksheet Application link in order to create Payment Worksheet Application details and the criteria set above should trigger the write off workflow for payment worksheet rule (and create the payment worksheet with "WO" type and "DOIT" reason);
5. Go to Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Apply Payments/ Create Worksheet/ Update Worksheet/ Finalize Worksheet and check that the possible Action to set is "Submit to workflow";
6. Now, as per the fix provided by <Bug 24436852>, when the worksheet is submitted for approval, the posting action can not be set as Batch Standard (its Action is Pending Approval).
7. Via Express Deposit Navigation can be seen that if the worksheet is in Pending Approval, the user will not be able to mark it as Batch Standard, which is correct.
8. But, if the worksheet is not submitted for approval, then the users can still set the posting action as BATCH STANDARD and, once it is marked as Batch Standard, they will be able to post the worksheet, which is again by passing the write off approval.
9. The worksheet is not submitted for approval and when the deposit is opened via Express Deposit navigation (Accounts receivable/ Payments/ Online Payments/ Express Deposit), users have the option of directly setting the posting action as Batch Standard, instead of Submitting it for write off approval - which is not correct.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms