EGL9.2: Spreadsheet Journal Import(JRNL1_WS) Upon Adding An Attachment, Saving & Submitting For Approval, Encountered 'Page data inconsistent with database' Error
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A valid journal was uploaded using spreadsheet import template JRNL1_WS with 'Edit Journal(s)' checkbox is selected in 'Define Options & Defaults'.
After journal being uploaded, an attachment is added online & then the journal is submitted for approval. Encountered: 'Page data inconsistent with database' error
Click OK on message. Go to line tab & submit the journal for approval. Encountered: ‘Cannot submit journal for approval because it is not validated yet’ error
Steps to Replicate:
1. Turn on Approval for Journals for a business unit to be tested at source level.
2. Make sure that at least one AWE process definition is active & criteria set up to redirect the journal for approval
3. Set up Approval criteria
4. 'Mark Journal(s) to Post' option is not selected in GL -User preferences for the user.
5. Make sure that 'Edit Journal(s)' is checkbox is selected in 'Define Options & Defaults' in JRNL1_WS template.
6. Create a new sheet using JRNL1_WS spreadsheet template
7. Enter details for journal header. Make sure to enter source value for which approval has been turned ON.
8. Enter journal lines. Enter an account that would satisfy approval criteria.
9. Import the Journal
10. If journal could be imported, Check the journal in PIA. Status is Valid & Approval check flag should be Active
11. Go to header tab & add an attachment
12. Go to approval tab & Submit the journal for approval
13. Go to line tab & submit the journal for approval
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
After step 12, Encountered: ‘Page data inconsistent with database’ error.
After step 13, Encountered: ‘Cannot submit journal for approval because it is not validated yet’ error, even if the journal is valid.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms