EGL9.2: Multi-currency Translation Undo Process Updates Ledger Incorrectly [Almost Doubles Amounts], If Previous Multicurrency Undo Ran With Periods Closed
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Multi-currency translation Undo process updates ledger incorrectly [almost doubles the amount], if the previous multicurrency undo run was run with periods closed.
Note: Also this issue happens if the previous journals created by the multicurrency process are in locked status due to some reason.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Attach both primary & translate ledger group to the business unit that would be used for test
2. Set up translation rule, translation step
3. Include the translation step in a multi-currency process group
4. Post a journal for primary ledger group
5. Request to run multi-currency process using FS_MC application engine
6. Check the data posted to primary & translation ledger
7. Post another journal to primary ledger group
8. Modify the translation step for translation undo
9. Request to run multi-currency process.
10. Check the data posted to primary & translation ledger
11. Post another journal to primary ledger group
12. Modify open period for Translation ledger group, So that no multicurrency journal can be posted or unposted in current period.
13. Request to run multi-currency process.
14. Reopen period & Rerun Multicurrency process
15. Check the data posted to primary & translation ledger
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
On step 13, No changes to any ledger data as nothing was posted or unposted
On step 15, Ledger data for translation ledger is incorrect. Account balance has been almost doubled.
Translation process should abend when periods are closed so that it doesn't lead to incorrect ledger posting.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms