Correcting Chartfields using the PO Maintain Distribution Page does not Reset the PO_HDR.POST_DOC Flag to Y
(Doc ID 2311732.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using the PO maintain distribution page does not reset the POST_DOC flag to Y on the PO header
- Users are then unable to Budget Check the PO since the POST_DOC is "N".
After correcting the invalid chartfield combination, the PO_LINE_DISTRIB.CHARTFIELD_STATUS should update to V and the PO_HDR.POST_DOC should update to Y.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Business Unit to be used must have a Combination Edit option set to "Recycle" in the Purchasing Options page.
2. The SETID of the BU must have a chartfield combination where it will be invalid.
1. Create a Purchase Order in the PO with incorrect chartfields.
2. Save the PO. (at this point PO_LINE_DISTRIB.CHARTFIELD_STATUS = "R" | PO_HDR.POST_DOC = "N")
3. Open the PO in the Maintain Distributions page under Purchasing > Purchase Orders.
4. Enter the valid chartfields in the affected distribution lines.
5. Save. (at this point PO_LINE_DISTRIB.CHARTFIELD_STATUS = "V" | PO_HDR.POST_DOC = "N").
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot budget check a purchase order after correcting the chartfields using the Maintain Distribution page.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!