Cannot Delete A Contact Via Supplier Change Request If Contact Has No Email Address
(Doc ID 2312369.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 11, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
9.2 introduces the ability for supplier users and internal users to utilize the supplier change request transaction to request changes to supplier records. Among the changes that can be requested is the removal of a supplier contact.
However, if the existing supplier contact lacks an email address, requesting the removal of that contact results in a hardstop message that an email address is required.
Email Address is Required
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. As VP1, access the EMPLOYEE portal and navigate to Main Menu > Suppliers > Supplier Change Request > View History.
2. Perform a quick search to identify an existing supplier for which a change request has not been entered previously.
3. Navigate to Main Menu > Suppliers > Supplier Information > Add/Update > Supplier
4. Select the supplier chosen in previous steps
5. Click the Contacts tab
6. Click the Correct History button
7. In the Details section, Enter in the Name, Title, and Phone Number
8. Click the Save button
9. Navigate to: Main Menu > Suppliers > Supplier Information > Add/Update > Supplier User
10. Select any User to test
11. In the Details section, click on the '+' button to add a new row
12. Enter in the SetID and the Supplier ID of the Supplier used in previous steps
13. Click the Save button
14. Switch to the Supplier Homepage
15. Login as the Supplier User used in the previous steps
16. Under Maintain Supplier Information Link, select Create New Request button
17. Select the New User created on the Supplier-Contacts Tab
18. Click on the Contacts tab
19. Try to save it - Error message window appears stating that Email ID is Required.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document