Ability to Cancel a Contract Amendment If Presented With Some Validation Errors Processing Amendment.
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Amendments
If there are some validation errors to ready the contract, the contract amendment cannot be cancelled.
If there are some validation errors to ready the contract, the system should allow contract amendment to be cancelled without further validations
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. On Revenue Template of 'SERVICE', use the Basis Date Source as Contract Line Start Date
2. Associate the 'SERVICE' revenue template to a Product - 'CONS-ALLOCATION'
3. Open an existing contract, Make a amendment
4. Add this product 'CONS-ALLOCATION' with Contract line start date as 2/1/2017 and today's date being 2/28/2017
5. Do Amount allocation and Try readying the contract.
6. The message pops up saying that the "The Start date of 2/1/2017 is before the accounting distribution date of 2/28/2017'. This message is correct.
7. But then the user decided to just cancel the amendment of not trying to include any of the changes made as part of the amendment. This system should allow this.. But currently the system does give the validation error again.. This is not correct.
The user can put the amendment to pending status and then change either contract start date or accounting distribution date to get around the issue. But in some cases, the users may not be given permissions to change the effective date of the accounting distribution or contract start date(by disabling the correction history on accounting distribution or by other means). In that case, it is a problem..
Never the less, the cancelling of the amendment should not do validations of newly entered data.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms