"POST_HIRE_REQUEST" Integration Issue When Updating Profile Management with Multiple Same Type Degrees
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
HR 9.2 Recruiting; Profile Management
During the Manage Hires Process, an Integration Error is Generated.
"Major Description is a required field for Degree. Please enter a value for this field. (18300,100)". To allow Multiple Degrees of the same type Such as Multiple BA's, etc. This Works fine in Recruiting, but when Hiring the Applicant the POST_HIRE_REQUEST generates an Error when trying to update the Person Profile with the same Multiple Degree Type.
The integration to push the Application Data to the Person Profile. Each time an Applicant is Hired, the error is Generated.
POST_HIRE_REQUEST does not add PERSON PROFILE for New Hire when the Following is entered on the Applicants Application
The customer added their own Profile Setup on the Person Profile, and made the MAJOR_DESCR required, thus the error
Steps to Replicate:
1. Sign in as PS/PS
2. Navigate to SETUP HCM > Products Related > Profile Management > Profile Type > PERSON
3. Add a new Effective Dated row
4. On the Content Tab of the Person Profile
5. Click on Education Section- Use the Degree Link
6. Add Major Description to the Content Properties for Degrees, add other items shown in the screen shot
7. Make the Content Properties for Major Description Required
8. Navigate to Setup HCM > Products Related > Recruiting > Templates >Content Section Configuration
9. At the Search select Degrees, note that now the Major Description is Required
10. Create a Job Opening and post it I created 305094
11. Run HC_HRS_JOB_CONTENT, HC_HRS_JOB_OPENING and HC_HRS_JOB_POSTING Navigation PeopleTools > Search Framework > Administration
12. Navigate to Careers > Create an account as a new applicant
13. Complete the application, at the Qualifications section of the application add the 2 Degrees, note that it will not allow 2 of the same Degrees with the same Major code, throws a Duplicate message.
14. Because of the Duplicate error, make sure that one of the BA degrees has a Major Code entered, and the 2nd one the Major Code can remain blank however enter a Major Description in the field.
15. When completed save the application
16. Navigate to Recruiting Access the Job Opening just created; note the applicant that applied is associated to it. Extend an offer, accept the offer, and then prepare for hire
17. Navigate to Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Manage Hires > Note the applicant is shown as ready to Hire
18. Complete the information on the Prepare for Hire page, click ok, the Personal data component will open> Complete all the Personal Data information that is needed and then Click on Add Employment Instance and Job Data will open, complete the information on Job Data and then Save.
19. The new Hire Job data is saved, however when the user goes to Workforce Development > Manage Profiles > Person Profiles and enters the EMPLID assigned to the New Hire 0073 there is no Person Profile Created
20. Navigate to PeopleTools> Integration Broker > Service Operations Monitor > Monitor Async Services
21. Find the HR_MNG_HIRES queue note it shows 3 under the done column
22. Click on the #3
23. Click on the row that is the most current, click Details, Click on the Error Link
24. Error Major Description is a required field for Degrees. Please enter a value for this field; and
25. Error Saving Component Interface (Major Description is a required field for Degrees. Please enter a value for this field)
If you review the XML you will see that the POST_HIRE_REQUEST did not update the PERSON Profile by adding the Degree information.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms