Supplier Registration Transaction Responses To List Profile Questions Displaying For Other List Questions Which are Not Answered
Last updated on OCTOBER 13, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The supplier registration functionality allows for the establishment of profile questions of various kinds that allows users to select/input responses as part of the submission process.
This questions can be set to required or optional. Issue is if a list profile question is not answered, the response to the list profile question which was answered populates the response field when viewing the Registration Details within the Manage Approvals page.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Main Menu > SetUp Financials/ Supply Chain > Product Related > Procurement Options > Suppliers > Profile Questions
2. Ensure Setup have more than one profile question with a question type of “List”
3. We also ensure that responses are not required for them
4. Main Menu > SetUp Financials/ Supply Chain > Product Related > Procurement Options > Suppliers > Supplier Request System Setup
5. Confirm the template in use for Supplier Registration for internal and external users
6. Main Menu > SetUp Financials/ Supply Chain > Product Related > Procurement Options > Suppliers > Supplier Request Templates
7. Access the template in use for supplier registration and ensure that our all of our list profile questions are selected
8. Creating a supplier registration request via Supplier Portal
9. We select a response to the first list profile question, but do not enter a response for the other two list profile questions
10. Complete the supplier registration and submit
11. Logging as the approver
12. Main Menu > Suppliers > Supplier Registration > Manage Request Approvals
13. Click the Registration Details link
14. List profile questions that user didn’t answer are populated with the response to the list profile question
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms