When Copying a PO With The BUDGET_HDR_STS_NP Set to N, The New PO Has The Status Set to V During The Initial Save
(Doc ID 2318540.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Purchase Order is created by copying an existing Purchase Order , the BUDGET_HDR_STS_NP in the PO_LINE_DISTRIB table is set to "V". The "V" status prevents sales tax from encumbering making it appear to be Tax Exempt.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Turn on Budget Checking for Sales Tax
2. Ensure that sales tax is set to non-prorate
3. Create PO with Sales Tax - do not budget check the PO
4. SQL the PO_HDR.BUDGET_HDR_STS_NP field and notice that it is set to "N” Not Checked
5. Create a new PO by copying from Line 1 - do not Budget Check PO
6. SQL the PO_HDR.BUDGET_HDR_STS_NP field and notice that it is set to “V” Valid, even though the PO has not been budget checked.
7. Budget Check PO 1 - Sales Tax Encumbers
8. Budget Check PO 2 - Sales Tax does not encumber since status was already in “V” status.
Due to this issue, users cannot budget get the sales tax encumbered on the copied PO
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document