When creating Standard Comments on Purchasing Contracts Two Comments are Stored in the Record Comments_TBL
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When adding standard comments to an Approved Procurement Contract and clicking on Save 2 times after adding it. User would expect to only have 1 comment line added to the existing contract. Instead of 2 lines - on some contracts, it adds 2 lines - 1 = A status, 1= I Status
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Contract and Approve it
2. Select the Approved Contract
3. Select Add Comments
4. Select 'Use Standard Comments'
5. Select 'OK', 'OK', and Save
6. Standard Comment is Saved
7. Inquire on the Contract Comments through Query Manager and note that 2 lines are added to the Contract - one in status 'A - Active' one in Status 'I - Inactive'
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms