First Approver Still Sees Supplier Change Transactions Pending With Multistage Workflow
(Doc ID 2319527.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 20, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
First approver still sees supplier change transactions pending with multistage workflow.
Establishing a simple two stage workflow, we have found serious defect in terms of functionality. Approvers can access the Manage Request Approval (Main Menu > Suppliers > Supplier Change Request Approval) to perform approval. With the two stage workflow in place, this page becomes useless to users within the first stage of workflow very quickly in terms of allowing them to understand which transactions require their action.
In essence, this page will display all transactions pending approval to them, even if the transaction has been approved for the first stage of workflow and is now awaiting action within the second stage of workflow.
This reduces users within the first stage of workflow to needing to individually access each transaction pending approval to see if they have already taken action on the transaction or whether they still need to take one.
Steps to reproduce the issue
1) Approval Setup: Navigate to Main Menu > Enterprise Components > Approvals > Approvals > Approval Process Setup
2) Our workflow has two stages. Both stages have identical path and step criteria
3) Initiate a new Supplier Change request
4) Submit for approval
5) First Approver (WENDYCHO) can see the approval request as it is routed to this user
6) Now Login as Second Approver (VP2) and it is not showing this request for approval as it is not routed yet. Looks correct.
7) Login as First Approver and Approve this request
8) So now the workflow appropriately shows that the first approver has approved, and it pending the approval of the second approver
9)We log back in as the user associated with the second stage of the supplier registration workflow(2nd Approver) and navigate to Main Menu > Suppliers > Supplier Change Request > Manage Request Approval
10) Now the second approver can successfully see the transaction. This makes perfect sense. It has routed to them for approval, so now they have visibility to it.
11) For the final time, we login as the user associated with the first stage of the supplier registration workflow (1st Approver) and navigate to Main Menu > Suppliers > Supplier Change Request> Manage Request Approval
12) And the same transaction shows up in the search results. Herein lies the problem.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!