ALLOW SLICED CHARACTER VARIABLES TO INHERIT VALUES FROM LARGER DATE RANGES
(Doc ID 2319540.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Global Payroll Core - Version 9.1 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Global Payroll Singapore - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Global Payroll UK - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an earning is sliced, the underlying variables used in the resolution of this earning or associated accumulator is not sliced. The sliced value of the variable is not available from the larger date range and if this variable is part of user key of an accumulator, it causes the accumulator to get multiple instances – one for whole segment (where variable is resolved fine) and other for slices (where the variable user key didn’t resolve). The 2 instances of accum should ideally have the user key and show cumulative count.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup System Settings for given Countries with Process Assignments Option = 'Active Anytime within Segment'.
2. Setup an earning element.
3. Setup Trigger Definition for record GP_PYE_OVRD and add the earning into the list of field values for PIN_NUM.
4. Setup Segmentation Event Definition.
5. Add 2 rows of Element Assignment By Payee, one with begin/end date of 1st - 15th of the month and Amount $1,000, and one with begin/end date of 16th - 31st of the month and Amount $4,000.
6. Ensure segmentation trigger is generated.
7. Process current month payroll.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document