Check Service Indicator in Generating a Transcript using Request Transcript Report Component
Last updated on OCTOBER 20, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : Campus Solutions 9.2 Transcripts
At our institution, service indicators should be checked for official transcript types only. To accomplish the service indicator check for official transcript we have set the Check Service Indicators flag to yes. The adverse of this is that we do not require service indicators to be checked when the transcript type is unofficial. We have indicated this requirement difference by setting the Check Service Indicators flag to 'No' for our unofficial transcript, however, since deploying the BI Publisher transcript, this rule is not recognized, and the Check Service Indicator is being enforced.
This student has a service indicator. (14710,64)
This student has a service indicator which will prevents a transcript report from being created. Please check the service indicator for this student or you can continue to create the report by checking the Override Service Indicator flag on the Transcript Request header page.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into Campus Solutions 9.2 and go to Student Records> Transcript> Define Transcript Type> Basic Data tab.
2. Select the check service indicators for service impact 'TRANS' in OFFICIAL transcript setup
3. Navigate to Records and Enrollment > Transcripts > Request Transcript Report.
4. Select a transcript type that is not set up to check service indicators (say UNOFFICAL)
5. Select a student who has a service indicator with an impact specified on the transcript type setup.
6. Notice the error message.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users encounter the error messages for those transcripts not set up to check service indicators.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms