Process Project Accounting PSA_ACCTGGL Ignores Sold To Option When Processing Costs
(Doc ID 2323554.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If the Project Accounting process PSA_ACCTGGL is run specifically for costs, it ignores the Sold To customer run control option and processes transactions for all customers.
The process should only generate accounting entries for transactions matching the run control options specified, in this case Sold To.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create contracts for two different sold-to customers.
- Add rate-based lines to both contracts and as-incurred revenue plans.
- Create an accounting rule for ACT cost transactions.
- Add an ACT cost transaction to each project making sure the GL Distribution status is set to 'N'.
- Run the PSA_ACCTGGL process specifying Contract options with a specific BU and Sold To and run control options to process costs for a specific date range.
This program is used by several departments within the county, while a department would like to process only their customer, this issue ends up processing data for all County customers including other department, causing a big mess in accounting.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!