'APT Item is not a valid child item' Error Adding an Elective in My Education Plan
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Program Enrollment Self Service
An error message is returned on My Education Plan when a student attempts to select an elective course from a course list and update the planner.
APT Item X is not a valid child item of Y.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a program structure that has a requirement with a course list set at the Stage level of the program.
- On the Item Type Matrix, ensure that requirement is not a child item of semester.
- Create an APT instance for a student using this program.
- Log into self service and navigate to Program Enrollment > My Education Plan.
- Attempt to select one of the electives from the course list and click Update Planner.
- The error will be returned.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms