E-SEC: Users Who Access PeopleSoft Through Web Services Or Query Access Services Are Able To Get Into The System Even Out Of Signon Times
Last updated on DECEMBER 08, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users who access PeopleSoft only through web services and/or query access services are able to get into the system even out of Signon times.
1. Setup a user with no Signon time allowed for the test, e.g. ABROWN.
2. Signon to PIA to confirm the user security and that the user is not allowed to login for being out of Signon times.
3. Use any PS provided Web Service, e.g. a CI based Web Service Find method
4. Use Soapui or Sendmaster to send a test request, with username token set to the test user, e.g. ABROWN
5. Test the call to the service. It returns with valid result. But no error on user not allowed to Signon.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms