Room Characteristic in Class Schedule is Fetched from Old Effective Dated Course Catalog Component
Last updated on NOVEMBER 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9 version, Curriculum Management
In Schedule of Class component, when user enter the class section, room characteristic gets populated.
Room characteristic values are fetched from course catalog component.
Course catalog component has effective dates. For example course 12345 has 2 effective dated row as 01/01/2013 & 01/01/2017. For the effective date 2013, I have 5 values in room characteristic, & for 2017 I don't have any values in room characteristic. When I schedule a class on 10/10/2017 , system picks the latest effective dated row from course catalog 2017 to schedule the class but system populates the room characteristic of 2013 effective dated row.
System should check for 2017 effective dated row to populate room characteristic.
Room characteristic should be chosen from the latest effective dated row in the course catalog component according to the class schedule.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a course catalog with effective dated row as 01/01/2013 and component Lecture
2. Select the values in room characteristic for the component Lecture.
3. Schedule a class. Note the Room Characteristic will appear correctly
4. Add a new effective dated row 01/01/2017 in the course catalog
5. Delete the room characteristic for the component Lecture for the latest effective dated Lecture component
6.Schedule a class on 10/10/2017
7. Note that system picks the latest effective dated row from course catalog 2017 to schedule the class but populates the room characteristic of 2013 effective dated row.
The issue has the following business impact:
It causes user to remove the room characteristic for the classes manually.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms