Room Characteristic in Class Schedule is Fetched from Old Effective Dated Course Catalog Component
(Doc ID 2329513.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9 version, Curriculum Management
In Schedule of Class component, when user enter the class section, room characteristic gets populated.
Room characteristic values are fetched from course catalog component.
Course catalog component has effective dates. For example course 12345 has 2 effective dated row as 01/01/2013 & 01/01/2017. For the effective date 2013, I have 5 values in room characteristic, & for 2017 I don't have any values in room characteristic. When I schedule a class on 10/10/2017 , system picks the latest effective dated row from course catalog 2017 to schedule the class but system populates the room characteristic of 2013 effective dated row.
System should check for 2017 effective dated row to populate room characteristic.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a course catalog with effective dated row as 01/01/2013 and component Lecture
2. Select the values in room characteristic for the component Lecture.
3. Schedule a class. Note the Room Characteristic will appear correctly
4. Add a new effective dated row 01/01/2017 in the course catalog
5. Delete the room characteristic for the component Lecture for the latest effective dated Lecture component
6.Schedule a class on 10/10/2017
7. Note that system picks the latest effective dated row from course catalog 2017 to schedule the class but populates the room characteristic of 2013 effective dated row.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document