An Error Occurs When Changing The Value Of The Non Custodial Parent Contribution On The Non Custodial Parent Field On The IM Extension 5 Link
Last updated on NOVEMBER 21, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, FM and IM INAS
When trying to override a Non-Custodial Parent Contribution on the IM Extension 5 page, an error occurs
1) IF the value is changed to a 6-digit number (e.g., 14100 to 141000) or
2) Round an existing 6-digit number (e.g., 140084 to 141000)
An error occurs at save time.
Number field format error. Please re-enter using the proper format. (5.0)
This field allows for the entry of numbers only. There is also a limit to the number of digits allowed. If the message above shows an example format of (x.y) then the field can have a maximum of x digits before the decimal symbol, and y digits after the decimal symbol.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Change any value on the Non Custodial Parental data to a value that you know will cause the NCPC to exceed five digits
2. Click on the INAS NCP button.
3. Click ok on the returned message from INAS, 'Non-Custodial Parent (NCP) Contribution activated on Profile Extension row. (14400,270) The INAS Non-Custodial Parent (NCP) calculation was successful. The NCP Contribution was activated on the Profile Extension row. To add the NCP Contribution to the IM Contribution, invoke a normal INAS IM calculation.
4. Click on the IM link then the Institution Extension 5 link to review the returned NCPC.
5. Make a change to the calculated value to a digit that is 6 characters, 999,999 and click OK
6. Review Results
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms