Workflow Approval for Requisitions not Routing Correctly when an Approval Step is Skipped
(Doc ID 2331036.1)
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Requisitions are not routing to the correct Approver when there is a Skipped Approver in the workflow, regardless of the Approval Criteria of the next Approver in the workflow.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to: Main Menu>PeopleTools>Security>Permissions&Roles>Roles
2. Create 4 new roles: Approver1, Approver2, Approver3, Approver4
3. Pick 3 users and add 1 role each, skipping Approver2.
4. Navigate to: Main Menu>Enterprise Components>Approvals>Approvals>User List Setup
5. Create 4 new user lists for each role created above, using the Role in the User List Source section
6. Navigate to: Main Menu>Enterprise Components>Approvals>Approvals>Approval Process Setup
7. Either Create a New Process ID for Requisitions OR Clone an existing Process ID
8. Use the following for the stages, paths, and steps:
a. Stage 1, Path 1, Step 1: Approver User List: Approver1; Criteria=>Merch Amount>=500
b. Stage 1, Path 1, Step 2: Approver User List: Approver2; Criteria=>Merch Amount>=1000 (this step will be skipped as there no approvers assigned to the User List)
c. Stage 1, Path 1, Step 3: Approver User List: Approver3; Criteria=>Business Unit=US005 (or some other criteria that is not regularly used for Requisitions)
d. Stage 1, Path 1, Step 4: Approver User List: Approver4; Criteria=>Merch Amount>=5000
9. Ensure that Approval Framework has been initialized for the business unit that will be used
10. Create a Requisition that will need approval by Approver4 either via:
a. eProcurement>Create Requisition - then Save&Preview Approvals button
b. Purchasing Requisitions>Add/Update Requisitions - then Save and click the View Approvals link
11. The Workflow, will show the skipped step due to no approvers found (which is correct),but it will also route to the Step where the approval criteria was not found
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document