GSS Clone Position - Admin unable to apply new position when full position management
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Admin unable to create a new position using GSS Clone Position functionality.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Position Management Option should be 'Full Position Management' in installation table.
Set Up HCM > Install > Installation Table > HCM Options tab
2. In Workflow configuration, Allow DB Update should be unchecked for transaction name HR_POSITION_CLONE.
Navigation: Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Self Service > Workflow Configurations
3. Click on My team tile from MSS Fluid home page.
4. Take any employee who is mapped to position.
5. Click on related actions > Job and Personal information > Clone Position.
6. Enter the information and Click on Submit for approval.
7. Log in as Approver and approve the request.
8. Log in as Admin ex: PS/PS
9. Navigate to: Workforce Administration > Self Service Transactions > Guided Self Service requests.
10. Search for Transaction HR_POSITION_CLONE.
11. Select transaction which requires approval.
12. Observe that, On Guided self service requests page in Administrator Actions section 'Select this option to approve the transaction and automatically update the database.' radio button is not appearing.
Note : There is no issue when Position Management Option is 'Partial Position Management' in installation table.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms