E-AWE: Fluid Approvals Ad Hoc Insert Event Does Not Send Notification When Approver Is Inserted, Nor When The Inserted Step Goes Pending.
Last updated on DECEMBER 11, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.55 version, Fluid Approvals (AWE)
Ad Hoc Insert does not send notification when Inserted via Fluid Approval Chain. In Classic Approvals, the Ad Hoc Insert notification is sent when the step inserted goes into Pending State.
Expectation is that both Fluid and Classic AWE Ad Hoc Insert work the same. The Event Ad Hoc Insert should send notification when the insert takes place.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Configure Ad Hoc Insert Event, Notification Email.
2. In Fluid Approval, insert Ad Hoc Approver.
3. Note the Step is inserted but no email is sent.
4. When prior step is approved, and inserted step goes Pending, the Route for Approval notification is sent to inserted Approver.
5. In Classic, when the Ad Hoc Approver is inserted, the Ad Hoc Insert notification does not send.
6. When the prior step is approved, and inserted step goes Pending, both the Route for Approval and Ad Hoc Insert notifications are sent.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms