EAR9.2: AR- Wrong OA-On Account- Distribution Code If OA Created By Payment Predictor
(Doc ID 2340243.1)
Last updated on APRIL 07, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Payment Predictor, application creates wrong OA-On Account- Distribution Code.
- The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Go to Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain / Common Definitions/ Distribution Accounting/ Distribution Code and check Distribution Code for AR : Account is set as 120000;
- Create Distribution Code for AR_US (to be used for OAs for USA BUs) - Account is set as 120001, Oper Unit (e.g. ABC), Dept (e.g. 2);
- Go to Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain / Product Related/ Receivables/ Options/ Entry Type: Entry Type OA: Entry Reason OA_US- USA ON Account;
- Go and link Distribution Code to Entry Type: Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain / Product Related/ Receivables/ Payments/ Automatic Entry Type: Entry Type OA, Predictor Reason UNAPP, Entry Reason OA_US has AR Distribution Code as AR_US;
- Go and setup Predictor Rule used: Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain / Product Related/ Receivables/ Payments/ Predictor Method: Method DTL_TLR - 1 step, 1 Condition and Action: Execute Algorithm Group selected #DTL_TLR;
- Setup tolerances set for Predictor at BU level: Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain/ Business Unit Related/ Receivables/ Receivables Options - Payment Options tab - Payment Predictor Method :DTL_TLR;
- Go to Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain/ Business Unit Related/ Receivables/ Receivables Options - Payment Options tab - Predictor Derail Options: Updated the Entry Reason in the BU: Invoice Overage> Tolerance OA - Entry Reason OA_US (WS-05);
- Create new customer under Customer Information/ General Information/ Bill to Options tab- Payment Terms: Partial Payment Switch, Method DTL_TR;
- Go and create item as Entry Type IN, Entry Reason Other, AR Dist Info: AR and post it (with Post now);
- Go and check the item under Accounts Receivable/ Customer Accounts. Item Information/ View/ Update Item Details navigation path- Item has status OPEN;
- Create Deposit to apply the item previously created (overpayment): Regular Deposit page: Deposit Type L (Lockbox), Bank Account USBNK, Bank Account CHCK, Under Payments tab- Payment Predictor is checked, Item is referenced under Reference Information section;
- In order to apply payment and create OA (On Account) using Payment Predictor go and run Payment Predictor under Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Apply Payments/ Request Payment Predictor;
- Go to Create Worksheet to see the Deposit after Predictor executed (notice DTL_TLR Algorithm applied to payment though Predictor): Payment Status is Worksheet;
- Go to Accounts Receivable/ Payments/ Apply Payments/ Create Worksheet - item is referenced- Go to Worksheet Application: Predictor created new item OA-10 for the overpayment (which is correct).
- Go to Finalize Worksheet - action is Do Not Post, click on the Create/ Review Entries - For the AR line, Account is 120000, Oper Unit is blank -CONCLUSION: Accounting Entries for the OA item OA-10 DO NOT have the expected Accounting Distribution for OA_US (with OU ABC as per this example ).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document