EAP: Email Payment Advice, Descriptive Error Message should be thrown If Supplier Not setup for Email
Last updated on JANUARY 03, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Email Payment Advice process (AP_EMAIL_ADV) should trigger descriptive Error message in the Message log, if the Supplier is Not setup for Email.
As a common scenario, All users do not have the access to running pay cycle and Email Payment Advice. In case where a payment is processed in pay cycle and different User who has access to running the Email Payment Advice only, runs the process for the supplier who is not setup to receive email payment advice gets Error message in message log. Process(AP_EMAIL_ADV) goes to Success. Below Message is triggered and is not descriptive.
Error creating directory BURST\127563\ : No such file or directory. (2,827) PSXP_RPTDEFNMANAGER.Repo
End Email Payment Advice. 0 email(s) send, 1 error(s).
1) Setup the Supplier by Not Enabling Enable Email Payment Advice
- Do not provide Email ID for the Supplier
- Only provide the payment methods (EFT/ACH)
2) Create Voucher for the Supplier setup in Step 1
3) Pay the Voucher using Pay Cycle
- Preferences Enable - Email Payment Advice
4) Pay the Voucher after running Payment Selection and Payment Creation Process
5) Run Electronic payment process to generate file, But Email Payment Advice process is not available for running in Pay Cycle Manager.
6) Navigate : Accounts Payable> Payments > Pay Cycle Processing > Email Payment Advice
- Run the Email Payment Advice for the Pay Cycle by specifically
7) Process completed with Success , Check Message log for the process contains above Error message.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms