E-DMW: Application Data Set Component - Data Set Designer opens up in Display Only mode, even though full access is granted through Permission Lists
(Doc ID 2346893.1)
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.55 version, Data Migration Workbench - Application Data Sets Security
When accessing the Data Set Designer component, with delivered role 'ADS Designer', which should grant full access and a custom role that grants 'Display Only' access to to that component, the component is opened in Display Only mode (Save button is not enabled).
In this case, the component should be opened with full access, with role 'ADS Designer' taking precedence over 'Display Only' custom role.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create new Permission List that grants 'Display Only' access to ADS Designer (Menu: UTILITIES - Component: PTADSMMGR - All Pages, Authorized Actions = 15, Display Only = 1)
2. Create new Role with that Permission List
3. Create a User and add the new Role to that user.
4. Add the following roles to the user: ADS Designer, PeopleSoft User, EOPP_USER
5. Navigate to PeopleTools > Lifecycle Tools > Migrate Data > Data Set Designer
6. Search for All Data Set Definition Names
7. Select and Click on the corresponding link that opens the 'ACSGRPS' data set
8. Save button is disabled, when it should be enabled as per delivered role 'ADS Designer'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!