EAP: TIN Masking is reversed on the Corrections for the 1099 Misc Copy B's
(Doc ID 2349363.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When generating a Corrected 1099-MISC Copy B, the TIN is not displayed as expected.
For TIN Type = F (Federal Employer ID Number), the EIN should not be masked.
For TIN Type = S (Social Security Number), the SSN should always be masked when the "Mask Tin" box is selected on the Withhold 1099 Report Job Run Control ID.
Results are as follows:
On the 1099-MISC Copy B, for TIN Type = F:
The CORRECTED box is not checked, the EIN is fully displayed. (OK)
When the CORRECTED box is checked, the EIN is masked. (ISSUE)
On the 1099-MISC Copy B, for TIN Type = S:
The CORRECTED box is not checked, the TIN is masked. (OK)
When the CORRECTED box is checked, the TIN is fully displayed. (ISSUE)
1. Set up 2 Suppliers one with TIN Type = S and the other with TIN Type = F
2. Create Vouchers for both Suppliers
3. Pay both Vouchers
4. Run Payment Posting
5. Run Post Withholding
6. Run 1099 Job with Mask TIN checked
7. Run APX1099
TIN = S masked as expected but not TIN = F (OK)
8. Run Withhold Sent
9. Make corrections to both Suppliers Name and Address
10. Run 1099 Job for the Corrections with Mask TIN checked
11. Run APX1099
12. On the 1099-MISC Copy B, for TIN = F, the CORRECTED box is checked and the EIN is masked. The EIN is expected to be unmasked, same as the Original 1099-MISC Copy B.
13. On the 1099-MISC Copy B, for TIN = S, the CORRECTED box is checked and the SSN is not masked. The SSN is expected to be masked, same as the Original 1099-MISC Copy B since the Mask TIN was selected on the Run Control.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!