Multi-lingual Search Not Working Correctly When We Search For A Supplier In Review Supplier Page
(Doc ID 2350407.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When searching the supplier from Review supplier page in Japanese language, the short name prompt is not showing the supplier description and search feature is not working for non base languages.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Supplier by navigating to Supplier->Supplier Information->Add/Update->Supplier.
2. Logout then log into Japanese database.
3. Search for the newly created supplier.
4. Do an update on the Supplier information.
5. Verify the VENDOR_LANG table if it creates an entry for the vendor.
- Entry is created successfully.
6. Login into English database and Navigate to Supplier->Supplier Information->Add/Update->Review Supplier.
7. Search for the supplier.
- The respective supplier is appearing in the grid, which is working as expected.
8. Logout then login into Japanese database.
9. Navigate to Supplier->Supplier Information->Add/Update->Review Supplier.
10. Enter short name in English.
- The search is successful.
11. Enter short name in Japanese.
- The short name prompt is not showing the description saved in Japanese languages.
- Search does not yield any result.
- This hinders the Japanese user to search the supplier in their native language and not supporting the multi lingual search feature.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document