EMM: Service Request Saved Without Required Field - Tag Number
(Doc ID 2351497.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Maintenance Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A smart tag number has been set up in the problem tree and designated as a required field. Yet, when a Service Request is created via the Service Request Wizard, it can be saved without a tag number.
The expectation is that when the tag number is set up as required, the Service Request will not save without a tag number selected or entered.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1) Create a smart tag number on the problem tree. Designate the tag number as required.
2) Create a Service Request via the Service Request Wizard.
3) Walk through the Service Request Wizard making requested selections at each level and clicking next until you reach the bottom node.
4) The tag number is not asterisked as a required field although on the bottom node of the problem tree it is configured to be required. Click next.
5) Notice the tag number is not populated and click finish.
6) The Service Request is successfully saved and and a new Service Request is saved.
Service Requests are inadvertently saved without tab numbers.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document