E-PORTAL: Getting 'xml Is Invalid' Error Message Using PeopleTools 8.56 Classic Plus on Solaris Environment
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.56 version, Portal Technology
Getting 'xml is invalid' error message using PeopleTools 8.56.06 Classic Plus on Solaris 11.3 Operating System.
While doing search or clicking 'Return To Search' Users getting 'xml is invalid' error message popup on browser. Clicking OK, and page will endlessly
keep on processing.
Note 1: switch off the classic plus option for the components, it works fine.
Note 2: Issue doesn't replicated on windows/Other operating system.
'xml is invalid'
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
REPLICATION SAMPLE 1
1. Navigate to Message catalog
2. Search for any Message set number, let say 23. Click search
3. Click return to search, xml is invalid error appear
REPLICATION SAMPLE 2
1. Navigate to System process request page
2. Click on search for any run control id and select any value
REPLICATION SAMPLE 3
1. Navigate to configure Transactions page
Navigation: Set Up HCM > common definitions > approval > Transactions
2. Click on search OR find any value and then click return to search
Note: Issue persists on 8.56.05 as well
Attached replication screenshot to the KM document.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms