Instructor Workload Warning Limit Does Not Work Under Certain Conditions
Last updated on JANUARY 26, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Instructor Workload warning message does not appear when the assignment results in instructors workload to exceed the limit. However, it appears when the instructor is overloaded with subsequent assignments.
When an instructor is assigned to a class and the assignment would result in workload that exceeds the limit, the system should display the warning and should not allow the assignment. The assignment is successful and no warning appears. However, the warning message appears when any other class is assigned to the instructor.
Expect the warning message to appear when the limit is exceeded.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Curriculum Management - Schedule of Classes - Maintain Schedule of Classes
2. Assign an instructor to a class
3. Assign another class to the same instructor, which would result in workload to exceed the limit
4. Notice the system does not issue any warning and allows the instructor assignment and the instructor workload exceeds the limit.
5. Assign another class to the same instructor.
6. Notice the system issues the warning this time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms