E-FLUID: Fluid Modal Window Of Related Action With Pagelet Will Collapse When IE Is Minimized
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On PeopleTools 8.55
Fluid modal window of related action with pagelet will collapse when Internet Explorer (IE) is minimized/unminimzed
* Create a pagelet, such as one based on delivered query AM_ASSETS_INACTIVE_CF.
* Put that pagelet in a related content service definition.
* Put the service as a related action, such as on the Asset ID field on the Basic Add component's General Information tab. Select the modal window option.
The modal window's content will disappear when the browser window is collapsed to the task bar and then un-minimized, leaving just the modal window's title bar without the modal window's contents and the close button overlapping the title.
This does not happen when navigating to the component via the navigator or via a classic work center.
* Demo and DEV: FSCM 9.2 Tools 8.55.19
* Prod: FSCM 9.2 Tools 8.55.06
* Windows 7, Internet Explorer 11 shop
Sample Replication Steps
1. Open the AM fluid navigation collection.
2. Open Basic Add.
3. Enter Business Unit US001.
4. Click Search.
5. Click the Solaris workstation.
6. Right-click Asset ID field and select DEMO action.
7. Minimize browser window.
8. Un-minimize browser window. (Repeat Steps 7-8 if needed.)
* Expected result: DEMO modal window is unchanged.
* Actual result: DEMO modal window has collapsed. Close button overlaps the title.
* Workaround: User has to close the modal window and then re-open.
* We are migrating our Related Content menu items to be Related Actions because fluid navigation collections do not play nicely with the Related Content menu.
* May impact any user of components with a related action showing a pagelet in a modal window if minimized.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms