E-ACM/IB: ACM IB PTIBCONFIGUREGATEWAYNODES Fails If Web & App Servers Are On Separate Boxes
(Doc ID 2357477.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In customer environment in which the web server and app server are on different machines, PTEM_CONFIG:PTIBConfigureGatewayNodes and PTEM_CONFIG:PTIBConfigureGatewayProperties fail because there is no content under /apps/pscfg/cfg8.55/webserv/ on the app server since gatewayUserProfile.xml is only present on the web server.
Having the app and web servers on different hosts requires the mounting/copying of the web server configuration to the app server. If this is not done, the method getCurrentConfiguration() in PTEM_CONFIG:PTIBConfigureGatewayNodes fails.
Repeating the issue. Certain ACM plug ins will not function correctly if the web server and app server processes are hosted on different machines (a supported Oracle configuration).
The issue can be reproduced by:
1) Navigate to PeopleTools > Automated Config Manager > ACM Templates > Template Definition
2) Open the IB_TEMPLATE Template Definition.
3) Click on the Properties icon for the IB Gateway Node Configuration
4) Click on the Current Values in DB button.
5) Line 6 of the Configuration Properties grid states: #IB not configured properly
The error message is shown as :
Line 6 of the Configuration Properties grid states: #IB not configured properly
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document