E-PIA:-Create or Update Journal Entry page throws Ledger Group not valid Error
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After Journal setup when user try to submit Journal for second time,The journal sent to approval and then click on return to search,the journal search page open with row is selected.So when user try to clicking on journalid the following error pop up's displays.
1.'Ledger group not valid with journal line table JRNL_LN,which is used by this component '
2.Source is not valid for business unit .
3.Ledger group is required before you can enter any journal line or totals..
1. Navigate to Setup Financials/Supply Chain>>Install>.Installation Options and click on General Ledger under Product Options. Then Select the journal approval method as Virtual Approver
2. Navigate to Setup Financials/Supply Chain>>Common Definitions>>UserPreferences>>Define User Preferences and click on search then select GeneralLedger. In the User Preferences tab, uncheck the mark journal(s) to postcheckbox.
3. Navigate to Setup Financials/Supply Chain>>CommonDefinitions>>Journals>>Source and choose any source. Here we select CFO then click on search.Go to Approval Options Tab and select Approval option as Require Approval then Select JOURNAL_ENTRY_APPROVAL the Business Process name and the approval rule set.
4. Navigate to General Ledger>>Journals>>Journal Entry>create/Update JournalEntries. Open a Vaild journal and edit it.
5. Submit the journal for approval. You get a message which says that the journal requires further approval. Click on Ok and then see the Approval tab.
6.The journal is submitted for approval and then click on return to search.
7.You go to the search page. Click on the Journal again to open the journal.
8.Try to resubmit an already submitted journal. You get a popup message which says that the Approval has been submitted before. It cannot be submitted again. Click on Ok.
9.Now try to return to search again. You get a save warning asking if you want to save the changes. Click on No.
10.When we try clicking on the already submitted journal, it is not opening Journal page as expected.
11.Click on the JournalId in the Journal serach page and showing following pop up message.
12.Click on ok and showing error pop up and click on ok
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms