E-AD: Application Designer "Find In" Entire Database Returns Incorrect Results For Renamed Definitions
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.55 version, Application Designer
Application Designer's 'Find In' feature is returning unexpected results for renamed definitions.
After renaming a Record Definition and fixed the references to the 'old' definition, when searching for the 'old' definition to double-check on eventual missed references, 'Find in' is returning results on instances that were already fixed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Rename a Record Definition that is referenced in PeopleCode
2. Use the 'Find in' to identify definitions referencing the 'old' name of the record
3. Modify all references accordingly
4. Re-run the 'Find in' to identify definitions referencing the 'old' name of the record in the entire database
5. Unexpected references are listed
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms