Cannot Delete Preferred Contact Phone That Is Referenced By An Emergency Contact
Last updated on FEBRUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Job / Personal Information
Cannot Delete Preferred Contact Phone that is referenced by an Emergency Contact.
Receive an error when trying to update the primary contact phone number for employee
Error calling method GetPropertyByName on an ApiObject of class CI_PERSONAL_DATA:API error code: 1
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Employee Self Service > Personal Details (tile) > Contact Details.
2. Add new, preferred, Phone number (pick any phone type not presently in use). Save.
3. Navigate to Emergency Contacts
4. Select an Emergency Contact, add a phone number, check box “Same as mine”. Save.
5. Return to Contact Details and click on Phone with Preferred checked.
6. Press Delete button and respond “Yes” to confirm deletion.
7. Error message displays.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms